It all started when…
In 1833, Rev. Thomas Huntingford, Vicar of Kempsford, Gloucestershire, England sent his gardener, Joseph Turner to Upper Canada to purchase land that his son, Henry would farm. He purchased 600 acres consisting of lots 12, 13 and 14 of concession 11 in East Zorra. With a number of settlers in the areas Rev. Thomas Huntingford felt obligated to provide ministry to his son and fellow pioneers. One acre of lot 14 concession 11 was set aside for a church and cemetery.
Beginning in 1839 Rev. William Bettridge of Old St. Paul’s Woodstock conducted services on alternate Sundays in Huntingford. In 1844 on visiting his brother, Henry, Rev. Edward Huntingford took charge of the mission services.
Through the many years, updating of the building and interior were necessary to meet the needs of the community. In 1959 the church building was moved from its site in the cemetery to its present location. A basement for a parish hall, a new sanctuary vestry, and washrooms completed the renovation. With a purpose of making the building more accessible, in 1996 a handicap accessible addition including a lift and washroom were added to the facility.